[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3.4 preconfigured algorithm ?
FERRATON Alain (Chef de groupe) - SG/SPSSI/CPII/DOO/ET
2018-12-07 10:16:05 UTC
Hello,

I put my request on the qgis-user list without success.
So I'm taking my chances on the developer list.

I can't find the possibility to make 'preconfigured algorithms' with
QGIS 3.4?

Has this feature been removed?

how to do it?

regards,
--
FERRATON Alain
Ministère de la Transition écologique et solidaire (MTES)
02.40.12.84.08
Andreas Neumann
2018-12-07 10:40:14 UTC
Hi Alain,

Are you refering to "processing models"? The models defined in the
processing model builder?

I am not sure I correctly understand what "preconfigured algorithms"
mean?

Greetings,

Andreas

regards,
Andreas Neumann
2018-12-07 12:22:29 UTC
Hi Alain,

Indeed - this feature seems to be missing in QGIS 3.x.

Note that the whole processing tools had been completely rewritten in
QGIS 3.x and ported from Python to C++ Maybe that part hadn't been
ported over yet.

I am cc'ing Nyall who did most of the work around the processing
refactoring. Maybe he knows more why this functionality is missing in
QGIS 3.x

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2018-12-07 11:46, FERRATON Alain (Chef de groupe) -
Hi Andreas,
it is a feature (little known?) that allows to create pre-configured algorithms by right-clicking on an algorithm (QGIS 2.16)
Regards
Alain
FERRATON Alain
MinistÚre de la Transition écologique et solidaire (MTES)
regards,
Nyall Dawson
2018-12-08 02:22:17 UTC
Post by Andreas Neumann
Hi Alain,
Indeed - this feature seems to be missing in QGIS 3.x.
Note that the whole processing tools had been completely rewritten in QGIS 3.x and ported from Python to C++ Maybe that part hadn't been ported over yet.
I am cc'ing Nyall who did most of the work around the processing refactoring. Maybe he knows more why this functionality is missing in QGIS 3.x
It'd take me a while to dig around and find the original
conversations, but if I recall correctly this was dropped in the lead
up to 3.0 as it was functionality which was seldom used and addressed
use cases also covered in a nicer way by the graphical modeler.

Nyall